SAVE $200 on your coilover order by supplying spindle cores!!!
Pricing & Packages:
Front Kit includes:
- A pair of modified strut housings & a core, If you send us back your original struts we will refund the $200 core charge.
- Coil over hardware consisting of our Luxesteer upper spring perch, aluminum sleeve and spring seat.
- Refurbished Front struts housings powder coated in Black.
- Eibach Brand Springs, XT type springs will be used when available.
The Rear kit includes:
- Rear adjustable spring perches for 5" OD Springs
- Eibach Brand Springs when available.
The Shorten & Rethread Housings option:
- We shorten the strut housing to use a shorter strut insert such as our Koni Race Struts.
- To Shorten the strut housings we cut the strut housing and cut new threads into the housings. We do not section the housing and reweld it!
What this kit does NOT include:
- Front and rear dampers aka shocks. If you have a set of dampers, you would like to reuse, this lets you purchase the other parts without having to purchase dampers again. If you opt for a shortened housing, a factory replacement damper will not be compatible with the coilovers.
- Height Adjustment
- Increased alignment (camber & caster) when used with our adjustable strut mounts
- Our kits include Eibach Racing Springs, with spring rates & lengths of your choice.
- All hardware is made from aluminum 6061 T6 grade and anodized for corrosion prevention.
- Fully CNC Machined Anodized Aluminum Rear Spring Perches and Height Adjusters
- Welded stop ring
Details about the products:
This package is ideal for people who are looking for a way to add height adjustment and tweak springs rates while reusing dampers they already have.
Please keep in mind that many dampers, especially OE and aftermarket dampers may not be a good match for the stiffer springs that are typically used with a coilover setup.
Shortening & Rethreading: Why, How, and When?
Why: The factory strut inserts and housings are optimal for the soft ride and long travel that Volvo sold with the cars to keep a smooth ride. This setup made ride comfort a priority without considering the reduction in cornering performance. With coilovers you can make a car very low but if that is your goal for your car coilovers are only one part of the equation. If you use the adjustment of the coilovers to lower the car by more than 2 inches (50mm) lower than stock, you will most likely be riding on the bump stops excessively. This causes a reduction in ride quality and control. To fix this we heavily recommend using a shorter strut insert and housing. What this does is changes the point at which the suspension is fully collapsed or bottomed out. For example, if you lower the car 3" from stock you may have 1" of bump travel left and 6" of droop travel with factory length struts. With a shortened housing and insert you can have 3" of bump travel and 3" of droop travel.
How: We cut the factory strut housing to a length that will be suitable to your ride height and use requirements and then machine the internal threads into the housing at the new length. Combine this with the correct length damper, like our race struts, and you can set the car up to work well at different ride heights with good ride quality.
When: If you want to lower the car more than 2" from the factory ride height.
We often get asked what the "Core" is, hopefully, this will help clarify. In this kit we are modifying a factory spindle strut housing assembly. In order to help you save money on these parts we offer the option for you to supply us with these parts instead of just forcing everyone to buy a set of strut housings from us.
The current cost of spindle cores is $200, this is already included in the price of the kits. If you wish to avoid paying for a set of spindle cores you can supply a set of cores for us to modify for you before you place your order and avoid any core charge.
If you purchase a set of cores for $200 from us and return your original strut cores at a later date and we will refund your core charge. If you are sending us a set of cores back they must be in good serviceable condition. Good serviceable condition is defined as the following:
- no significant rust or corrosion,
- no damage or excessive wear to the bearing surfaces,
- is generally straight.
- Not cut or modified
If you have a set that is questionable please email us and we can confirm if they will be accepted or not.
You can supply a set of cores for us to modify for you and we will reduce the price of the Front or Front & Rear Coilovers by $200.
This is what the core looks like (ABS 240 Unit Pictured). When sending us the core please remove the springs, wheel hubs, backing plates, brake components, and strut inserts. It is also a good idea to tape or protect the wheel bearing area as it is easily damaged in transit.