240 Offset Spherical Strut Mounts
$185 / set including 2 strut mounts, bearings, and mounting hardware + Shipping
$299 / set including 2 strut mounts, bearings, and mounting hardware, SKF Luxe Steer™ bearings, & 2.5" ID Luxe Steer™ spring perches + Shipping
$299 / set including 2 strut mounts, bearings, and mounting hardware, SKF Luxe Steer™ bearings, & Luxe Steer™ adapters for stock spring perches + Shipping
- 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum Construction
- 100% CNC Machined in the USA
- High Strength Alloy Steel Spherical Bearings with a PTFE liner made in the USA by FK Bearings
- Improved alignment range over stock mounts (increased positive caster and negative camber possible)
- Improved durability and precision over stock rubber mounts.
- Luxe Steer™ Compatible
- BNE select
Version 2.0 now shipping
We have sold variations of our 240 adjustable strut mount since 2003. Being unwilling to compromise on quality and versatility, the pricing keeps our parts out of the hands of many of our customers. We decided to scale back the complexity and versatility of the design and build a high-value option, the key features we wanted to focus on was durability and improving the alignment range over the stock strut mount. We call these high value / lower price parts BNEselect.
2.0 Product Notes:
After we released our 1.0 240 Offset Strut Mounts we had an unexpected amount of people buying these to use a stock replacement mount. The original mounts required cutting to obtain a wide adjustment range when being used as a stock replacement mount. In order to reduce the hassle of this process, we decided to take another look at this design with these customers in mind and now we have the 2.0. The key difference with these mounts is the O position now has less caster and a better-centered adjustment range than the original position 1 or position 0 with the 1.0 plates.
A brief description of the mounting options
- ⭕ - The preferred position for Stock and Stock Style Springs (IPD Sports springs, etc.) The position gives a small caster bump (+1.4 degrees from stock) but maintains an even split to center the mount in the factory opening
- 🔺 - The preferred position for Street Cars and most track cars using a 2.5" ID Coilover spring. This position gives you maximum Positive Caster ( approx +3.0 degrees from stock) and a good range of negative camber. In extreme conditions, additional negative camber can be unlocked by trimming the strut tower opening to clear the strut shaft and the plate can be cut to increase clearance as well. We do not recommend cutting unless you plan to pair this with our strut tower braces to reinforce the strut towers.
- 🔲 - Gives a smaller bump in caster (+1.1 degrees from stock) than the 🔺 position but allows for more negative camber
- ⭐ - Gives a smaller bump in caster (+1.1 degrees from stock) than the 🔺 position but allows for a centered strut top for a more neutral alignment.
The plate labeled A and B can be swapped left and right on the vehicle to expand the overall adjustment range that these plates can achieve. For some cars that wish to increase the front track width, you may swap it from what is "traditional" to increase the amount of achievable steering angle.
Most users will want to use the A plate on the passenger side (LHD) and the B plate on the driver side (LHD)
For people using the stock spring perch with Luxe Steer, we recommend using a Volvo bump stop and bellow part number (9140067 / 9140068) or (1273849 / 1387735)
If you are using inverted struts like Bilstein or Decarbons with the stock spring perch you do not need an external bump stop as they have an internal unit. The standard Bilstein dust boots work fine.
V1 Product Notes:
These plates have 3 sets of holes that can be utilized to access different alignment ranges. The 1st set (positive camber) and 2nd sets (negative camber) can have their respective ranges extended by trimming the strut mounts.
The first is the least aggressive setting, this offers a moderate increase in caster over stock and a wide range of camber settings. If you are using stock sized springs, this will be the setting for you. While stock springs can be used with these plates in this setting, they will not have a full adjustment range due to the size of the factory spring perch. This adjustment range can be expanded by trimming the edge of the plate allowing a less aggressive alignment.
The second is a more aggressive setting with the same moderate increase in caster over stock but more aggressive camber. This setting requires coilover springs and increased range can be gained by cutting the strut tower. If you decide to cut the strut tower, we heavily recommend using one of our high-quality strut braces to help reinforce the sheet metal.
The third has an aggressive positive caster setting. This setting requires coilover springs and increased camber range can be gained by cutting the strut tower. If you decide to cut the strut tower, we heavily recommend using one of our high-quality strut braces to help reinforce the sheet metal.
For a street car, the first or third will be the best options.
For a race car, the second or third will be the best options.
The Luxe Steer adapters for stock spring seats
These allow the stock upper spring seat to be used in combination with our Luxe Steer™
These require drilling 4 ~6mm holes and opening up the center hole on the stock upper spring perch.
We can perform this service for an additional $60 for 2 spring perches so it is all ready to bolt on.